Re: www.microsoft.com cant handle the load ?

From: Dave Newman <dnewman_at_epnet.com>
Date: 1997/04/17

In article <33556A72.4048C3C8_at_accesscom.com>,

        Alexander Hvostov <shvostov_at_accesscom.com> writes:
> What window manager are you using? I'm using FVWM95... I'm not in it
> for the
> Win95 UI (although it's pretty cool...the problem with 95 is the
> underlying
> code, the APIs and GUI are pretty cool), I'm in it for the fact that it
> lets me
> run more than one program at once. (technically termed "multitasking")
> Also, it
> provides multiple desktops. Now, if I ever used X enough to get around
> using them...

Correction. fvwm is a motif lookalike, not a winblows lookalike. And why not use X all the time? I have a word processer, spreadsheet, graphics tools, and databases that are all non-microsoft. And I have fewer headaches to prove it.

--
David Newman
System Administrator