Oracle ODBC and Office 97

From: Carlos Palomino <cpalomino_at_spin.com.mx>
Date: 1997/04/17

Hi,
I downloaded the ODBC driver for Windows 95 (32 bits) from the Oracle Site, and It just worked fine with VB 4.0 and Office 95. However when I installed Office 97 and tried to use Microsoft Query 97, the driver wouldn't load. Even with the testing tool provided with the Oracle ODBC driver I got the same results.
I decided to replace the ODBC related files in the \WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory, that were updated when Office 97 installed, with the older ones that were there before that, and then the ODBC testing tool worked fine, but when I tried to access my Oracle database using Microsoft Query 97, I got the message: "Microsoft Query 97 won't work with an ODBC version prior to 3.0" (or something like that)

Could anyone give me some advice?
Thank you,

Carlos Received on Thu Apr 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT