Re: How can I send a mail message from Oracle database to a mail system?

From: Mike Brady <mbrady2_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/04/17

"Carlos Gomes de Oliveira" <Carlos_at_iis.com.br> wrote:

> How can I send a mail message from Oracle database to a mail system?
> Is there another solution besides oracle mail/office?
>
> TIA
>
> Carlos Gomes

I've implemented this once, but it was kinda ugly. It involves dbms_pipe and a Pro*C program.

The trigger just puts the message into a DBMS_PIPE pipe, and there's a constantly looping Pro*C program reading the pipe and issuing system calls to send the mail. Received on Thu Apr 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT