Re: Success/Failure stories about Cognos/BusinessObjects/Oracle's Discoverer

From: Nigel Campbell <nigelc_at_cognos.COM>
Date: 1997/04/17

buenafe_at_tech-center.com wrote:
: In article <859994085.6471_at_dejanews.com>,
: harfordr_at_ncr.disa.mil wrote:

: >
: > BOI does have better data mining and Web-interface capability, but I
: > believe Cognos's will come out with some competitive products in this
: > area very soon.
: >

: A Cognos rep told me they will package Angoss's Knowledge Seeker and a
: neural network based data mining tool whose name escapes me now. I
: believe they will package it under the name of "Scenario" and
: "Forethought". I've worked with Knowledge Seeker; it's a good product.

Details can be found at http://www.cognos.com/busintell/products/index.html The acquisition of RIS the developers of 4Thought is covered at http://www.cognos.com/whatsnew/rel_95.html

--
Nigel Campbell            Voice: (613) 738-1338 ext 3016   P.O. Box 9707,Stn.T
Business Intelligence       FAX: (613) 738-0002            3755 Riverside Dr.

My comments are my personal opinion and are not the opinion of my employer or
anyone else.  I claim copyright in all my statements and give no one the right
to copy them (even if they are quoted elsewhere) in any medium except on
netnews or email. In particular, no one can reproduce or reprint my comments
in print or any visual medium without getting my explicit permission.