simplifying database startup

From: Brian Gastineau <bgastine_at_giveblood.org>
Date: 1997/04/16

I would like to simplify the process of starting multiple instances. I found the "dbstart" utility which appears to closely match my requirements.  I don't want to use it directly because I don't want the instances to start during the host boot. I am thinking of making a copy of this utility, then adapting it to only start the instances that I am interested in.

My discomfort comes from the warning in the comments of the utility that it should only be run during the boot process. Do you know why this warning is issued?

Thanks,
Brian Received on Wed Apr 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT