Re: Locking specific network IP's to specific Oracle Instances

From: Alan Caldera <acaldera_at_airmail.net>
Date: 1997/04/15

On Mon, 14 Apr 1997 15:24:41, ly_m_at_msb.flint.umich.edu (Michelle Ly) wrote:

>We are currently setting up the network administration of a client/server
>architecture to an administrative database and would like to know if there is
>anyone that has tried locking a section of a network into a specific Oracle
>instance. We have searched through the Oracle documentation for examples of
>PROTOCOL.ORA and validnode checking for TCP/IP to little or no avail.
>Examples would be greatly appreciated or specific references that have
>concrete examples.

If you are using TCP/IP as your transport, simply remove the default route from the machine with the particular instance, and route each IP individually. This will not work if you are running multiple instances on the same server.

Alan Caldera
acaldera_at_airmail.net Received on Tue Apr 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT