./orainst Segmentation Fault

From: Roberto Kohler <rjk_at_mink.mt.att.com>
Date: 1997/04/15

I'm trying to install oracle 7.3.2.1 on SUN Solaris 2.5.

I get a "Segmentation Fault" when I run "./orainst", "./orainst /c", or "./orainst /m".

Please let me know if you've run into this problem before.

This is a description of how I'm getting this error:

I'm logged in as oracle and my current directory is /cdrom/oracle/orainst when I invoke the command.

The oracle .profile contains:

  ORACLE_BASE=/opt/oracle
  ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/7.3.2
  ORACLE_SID=ebu

  export ORACLE_BASE ORACLE_HOME ORACLE_SID

PATH=.:$ORACLE_HOME/bin:/opt/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/GNU/bin/make

I have the following environment variables set:

   export ORACLE_TERM=hp
   export DISPLAY=www.xx.yyy.zzz:0.0
   export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/cdrom/oracle/lib:$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

The following required packages are installed:
$ pkginfo -i SUNWbtool SUNWtoo SUNWsprot SUNWarc SUNWlibm SUNWlibms

system      SUNWarc        Archive Libraries
system      SUNWbtool      CCS tools bundled with SunOS
system      SUNWlibm       SPARCompilers Bundled libm
system      SUNWlibms      SPARCompilers Bundled shared libm
system      SUNWsprot      SPARCompilers Bundled tools
system      SUNWtoo        Programming Tools

$ ls -ld $ORACLE_HOME
drwxr-xr-x 2 oracle dba 512 Apr 15 08:20
/opt/oracle/product/7.3.2
$ ls -ld $ORACLE_BASE

drwxr-xr-x 3 oracle dba 512 Apr 15 08:41 /opt/oracle

Have you ever seen this before? Do you know how to get around it?

Thanks. Received on Tue Apr 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT