Re: Maxlogfiles

From: Clark Mason <cmason_at_aai.arco.com>
Date: 1997/04/15

Priya Tantry wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is there a way to change the default value of MAXLOGFILES (6) once the
> database is already created. I couldnt find any 'alter' command that
> could do the trick.
>
> Priya Tantry
> University of Qld

You can do it by creating a new control file. There is a section in the ORACLE Administrator's Guide for creating new control files. However, instead of creating a new control file from scratch use the 'ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO TRACE' command, then modify the resulting trace file to set the MAXLOGFILES parameter to the value you want. Received on Tue Apr 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT