Re: Script for dependencies.

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/04/14

Have you looked at the dbms_utililty package that contains the compile_schema procedure?

procedure compile_schema(schema varchar2);
-- Compile all procedures, functions and packages in the specified

This will get the procedures/packages/functions in a schema. If you run the following 2 scripts first, everything would get compiled that needs to (these gets the invalid views and triggers)

You should run compview and comptrigg first (and they may cause the automatic recompilation of some of the invalid procedures/pacakges).

On Mon, 14 Apr 1997 08:15:31 -0700, "Laurie D. Miller" <lmiller_at_lindy.stanford.edu> wrote:

>I was wondering if anyone has a script to identify all
>dependencies between objects, for a particular
>user schema?  I have looked at IDEPTREE, but it appears
>to identify dependencies for individual objects,
>not all objects owned by a user.  I would like
>to recompile packages, procedures, etc... for
>a user, but I do not know the correct order.
>
>Thank you,
>Laurie.
>--
>
>Laurie D. Miller           Stanford University
>Database Administrator     lmiller_at_lindy.stanford.edu

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Mon Apr 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT