Re: URGENT: Oracle database to Web page quickguide

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_pmcgettigan.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/04/14

Fredrik Larsson wrote:

> URGENT!
>
> I need some kind of step by step quickguide on how to publish an
> Oracle
> database on the web. I am working with Oracle Workgroup server 7.2
> and
> Oracle webserver 2.x.
> I only have until Friday so I am in big troubles and the info I have
> got
> don´t seem to include any step by step guide but is more from
> reference
> purposes. All info is desired. Please also mail me personally.
> --
> My web database should be able to do this:
> 1. Search the existing database.
> 2. Update the existing database.
>
> I believe that this would be quite simple and I have experience from
>
> developing with Borland Delphi. My problem is that I don´t know
> exactly
> where to start. So please help me.
>
> Thanks, Fredrik.
>

> Quote of the week (#15):
> "...That sweet little girl that live down the street,
> some people think she´s square by I think she´s sweet,
> you can see everyday going up and down the way,
> lookin´ so pretty and this is what she say..."
>
> _/\
> _|:o) >>>>>>>>>> no_spam_mail2fred_at_hotmail.com_no_spam <<<<<<<<<<<<
> \/
>
> (Remove no spam when mailing me)
>
> Visit my home @:
> http://home3.swipnet.se/~w-33398/ {Under construction}
>
> Visit the World of Links @:
> http://home3.swipnet.se/~w-33398/world/world.html
> (Links to Delphi, SQL, ActiveX, Java et c)

 Both the 'search' and 'update' of an Oracle database via Webserver are possible, and there are many different ways to achieve it. Start by reading the Oracle Webserver docs and looking - and running - the example programs. Also look at alternative approaches like using Java with JDBC drivers, CGI, etc. if you think this is merited.

As regards "I only have until Friday so I am in big troubles [snip]", this seems a shite way to run a business, IMHO. Take your time and make *sensible* rather than *rash* decisions.

Steve Phelan. Received on Mon Apr 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT