Re: DBMS_SHARED_POOL.KEEP - where is the sql to create?

From: Heggelund <d92hegge_at_ix_prod.hfk.mil.no>
Date: 1997/04/14

Run prtvtpool.plb

The reason it is suffixed plb instead of sql is that the file is 'wrapped' PL/SQL.

Rgds
Steinar Heggelund

William B. Severin (wbs109_at_psu.edu) wrote:
: Can anyone tell me how to finish loading the package body for
: DBMS_SHARED_POOL?

: I am working at Penn State and am involved in several projects that need
: better performance. I would like to use the DBMS_SHARED_POOL.KEEP
: function to lock some of the procedures into memory. However, the
: instructions
: Run dbmspool.sql and prvtpool.sql as 'SYS' are unhelpful. I have found
: the dbmspool.sql file on both the client and server, but I have been
: unable to find prvtpool.sql. I have found several prvtXXXX.plb files...
: Any suggestions?

I'm employed in the Norwegian consulting company Opus One AS.
I have 7 years experience with Oracle products, mainly the database.
We are a small company which offers consulting services in design,
implementation and tuning of databases and applications based on Oracle.

My postings represent my opinions and they may be wrong.