Re: Oracle 8 *Top 10 wishlist*

From: Alain Knaff.DELETE.THIS <~Alain.Knaff_at_poboxes.com>
Date: 1997/04/14

In <5itqfv$46f_at_hermes.synopsys.com>, Joe Buck <jbuck_at_synopsys.com> wrote:

>Omegaman (omegam_at_cmq.com) wrote:
>>: Not necessarily true. Some simply prefer lynx.
>
>kevin_at_kombat.acadiau.ca (Kevin Swan) writes:
>>Not often. Lynx is lacking some fairly vital things:
>> images
>> tables
>> frames
>> applet/script support

[...]
> Most uses of
>frames make a site worse, hence when I use Netscape on X I generally use

 And what's more: newer versions of lynx _do_ support frames. Support for displaying frames is rather rudimentary (you get a menu to select one of the frames), but saving them to the local hard disk for later off-line inspection is actually easyer than in netscape. In netscape, it often happens that you just save the empty frame to disk, and not the actual content.

--
 Linux - Why use Windows, since there is a door?

 Alain