Re: Forms 4.5.6 and Memory Leak (BUG #439764)

From: Scott Thompson <sthompso_at_pcc.edu>
Date: 1997/04/14

Michael Ho wrote:

> In my experience, it is always the problem of Forms. Never been
> solved.
> No matter which version, no matter what the vendor said, it's always
>
> appear, just the matter of seriousness.
>
> What platform you are running, and exactly how serious is the
> problem ?

We are running on an HP/UX 10.20 platfor (T500). We currently have 1.5 GB of memory and I am in the process of doubling this amount of memory. We normally have 250 - 320 users logged on to the machine and while this problem of memory leaks has exhibited itself on our test platform (running forms 4.5) it has not exhibited itself on our production platform (forms 3.0).

The problem is serious enough to have us delay our 4.5 migration until it can be resolved. If we were running VMS I'd simply set the process's Working Set Limit to a maximum size. Alas, I do NOT believe we can have this level of control in our HP/UX environment).

Scott Thompson   (503) 977-4390/voice
Manager, Technical Services  (503) 977-4987/facsimile
Portland Community College  sthompso_at_pcc.edu/e-mail
PO 19000
Portland, OR 97280