Re: Replicate LONG?

From: Andrew Zhilenko <andrew_at_astral.carrier.kiev.ua>
Date: 1997/04/14

Hello Torsten!

Long time ago, in one galaxy far, far away..... Wednesday April 02 1997 17:40, Torsten Greiff wrote to All:

 TG> We had the same problem with long raw.We developed our own PL/SQL  TG> procedures for long raw replication and it's working fine Did you perform replication of long raw data only with your procedures (avoiding Oracle)?
I'm thinking about adding triggers to replicated table with long/long raw data. And then converting with help of trigger long column [I'm not sure, is it possible with long raw?] to set of varchar rows in another additional table. That table could be replicated using usual Oracle methods.

Best regards,
Andrew

// Computer servicing tip # 342: When it says "Insert Disk", you are meant
// to remove the previous one first.