view for database links

From: Y C ENG <cm3bcyce_at_bs47c.staffs.ac.uk>
Date: 1997/04/13

Hello,

I'm facing a problem when executing a view which consist of tables from remote databases. The following is the SQL statement

CREATE VIEW inventory_all AS
  SELECT * FROM inventory
  UNION
  SELECT * FROM inventory_at_loc1
  UNION
  SELECT * FROM inventory_at_loc2
  UNION
  SELECT * FROM inventory_at_loc3;

the server will give me error message if any of the above remote site down (loc1, loc2, or loc3), is there any alternative solution which can help me to execute the query on the view even if anyone of the above site is down? (I create view for the tables because I want to main user transparency)

Thanks.
Alvin Eng Y.C. Received on Sun Apr 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT