Re: Sco Oracle 7.3.2 Install Bugs

From: oracle <oracle_at_nightmare.com>
Date: 1997/04/13

Tim Hung wrote:

  WARNING !!!   Please stay away from SCO ORACLE WORKGROUP SERVER 7.3.2 under   SCO 5.0.2c. My install just hangs without any good reason.

  It looks like Oracle and Sco are playing the "Blame Game". I   don't care who is at fault. JUST FIX THE STUPID BUG.

 It is a SCO bug that has to do with I/O buffering. I forget the patch number but I have hit it myself many times. It is stupid for you to tell people to stay away from a product unless you know what the problem is. In this case I can garantee you 100% what you are hitting is a SCO bug. Let me look through my notes to see if I can figure out how I got around this...

rs500d and oss434a

Get these two patches from www.sco.com and you will be able to relink.

I think that you should relize one thing before you make comments like this. Software should never make an OS hang. If it does, then most likely it is the OS that is the problem in most cases.

I think your comments are very premature and made without thinking properly. Maybe you should have put:

Please stay away from SCO!!!!!!!

I am curious. Did you call into Oracle support with this problem? Did you call SCO? If you did what did each tell you? If Oracle told you it was a SCO problem then they were correct. If SCO told you it was an Oracle problem then they were at fault. Received on Sun Apr 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT