Re: Oracle 8 *Top 10 wishlist*

From: Omegaman <omegam_at_cmq.com>
Date: 1997/04/13

kevin_at_kombat.acadiau.ca (Kevin Swan) writes:

> Omegaman (omegam_at_cmq.com) wrote:
>
> : Not necessarily true. Some simply prefer lynx.
>
> Not often. Lynx is lacking some fairly vital things:
> images (wrong)
> tables (wrong)
> frames (wrong)
> applet/script support

Images may be viewed with an image viewer in X or on the console. user defined. Tables and frames in recent versions of lynx are handled rather nicely. Cookies now work (upon user approval only). The only thing correct in your "vitals" list is that lynx currently doesn't support java applets (that I can tell)

Current version is 2.7.2 available at http://browser.lynx.org.

Your experience sounds like it is probably with 2.3 era or earlier lynx.

> A little surfing with a real browser (oops, sorry, "GUI" browser) will show
> you what you're missing. There are VERY FEW sites out there that don't
> have ANY of the above. And they're numbers are declining every day.

I use Netscape often. but for quick browsing, I prefer lynx.

Omegaman <mailto:omegam_at_cmq.com>|"When they kick out your front door,
   PGP Key fingerprint =        | How are you gonna come?
   6D 31 C3 00 77 8C D1 C2      | With your hands upon your head,
   59 0A 01 E3 AF 81 94 63      | Or on the trigger of your gun?"
Send email with "get key" as the| -- The Clash, "Guns of Brixton"
"Subject:" to get my public key |   _London_Calling_ , 1979