Re: www.microsoft.com cant handle the load ?

From: Marc Slemko <marcs_at_znep.com>
Date: 1997/04/11

In <5ikug3$2td_at_marina.dei.unipd.it> carrery_at_dei.unipd.it (Carrer Yuri 341353/IF) writes:

>In article <1997Apr10.060934.780_at_rumba.m.isar.de>,
>Konstantinos Agouros <elwood_at_rumba.m.isar.de> wrote:
>>"Jeremy Freeman" <jeremy_at_vip.net> writes:
>>>Maybe they should run a REAL web-server instead of the toy that IIS is.
>>I am not sure, that this really is a IIS. I talked to an eye-whitness (I know
>>nothing about his reliability) who saw the servers for the German msn.
>>If you connect to this servers they claim to be IIS's. Reality is, there is
>>a tower of Sparc-Ultras, which run an apache that is patched to say it's an
>>IIS. Maybe the same is true for microsoft.com.

> mmm Is there an Apache expert that could check this? I mean, is there not a
> option to check this? Are the error code the same?

There are various behaviors and bugs that are unique to each web server, including Apache. It is often possible to tell fairly accurately if a particular site is running Apache. I'm not sure what the hostname of the server referred to above is, but if it is www.de.msn.com then it really doesn't look to be Apache. Anything is possible, but I would _highly_ doubt it. Received on Fri Apr 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT