ORA-4031 - shared memory fragmentation

From: Graham Newton <grahamn_at_missing-link.co.uk>
Date: 1997/04/11

We've been experiencing several ORA-04031 errors recently when perfoming the most innocuous SQL statements on an Oracle 7.2.3 server (IBM RS/6000 AIX 3.2.5).

Nothing we've done so far has solved the problem. Basically all we've tried is increasing the shared_pool_size a little.

Has anyone else been experiencing these problems? Does anyone have any ideas on how to overcome them?

Graham Newton Received on Fri Apr 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT