Re: dbshut and dbstart

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/04/11

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997 00:54:27 -0500, Byron Pearce <bpearce_at_csac.com> wrote:

>Thomas Kyte wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 08 Apr 1997 15:55:54 -0700, Drexel Pitts
>> <pittsd_at_dps.robins.af.mil> wrote:
>>
>> >Is 7.3.2 supposed to come with a new dbstart and dbshut?
>>
>> Support will also send you a fixed dbstart/dbshut if you want.
>>
>> Thomas Kyte
>> tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
>
>Actually, creating a symbolic link from svrmgrl to sqldba does not fix
>the problem, but it's a common misconception. This is due to the fact
>that the banners change between SQL*DBA and Server*Manager. This, in
>turn, causes the various parsing scripts that determine your database
>version to not function properly.

oops. sorry bout that. thought it worked but it didn't. I upgrade my 7.0 to 7.1 to 7.2 to 7.3 which left my old sqldba behind. the symbolic link I thought i had wasn't, it was a real file.....

>The simplest solution is to either (a) contact Oracle for the newer
>versions as suggested or (b) fix the scripts to work properly. If you
>run into trouble getting the modified scripts, I will be happy to pass
>along the ones that we are using.
>

>--
>Byron Pearce mailto:bpearce_at_csac.com
>Systems Consultant http://www.csac.com
>Computer Systems Authority (CSA) Dallas, Texas
>
>"It's hard to be a ninja when you wear a beeper."

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Fri Apr 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT