Re: www.microsoft.com cant handle the load ?

From: Konstantinos Agouros <elwood_at_rumba.m.isar.de>
Date: 1997/04/10

"Jeremy Freeman" <jeremy_at_vip.net> writes:

>>HTTP/1.0 Server Too Busy
>>
>>I am surprised to say the least ! What, the largest
>>software company in the world cant handle a few web
>>requests ? Specially when they claim to make the best
>>webserver ?

>Maybe they should run a REAL web-server instead of the toy that IIS is.
I am not sure, that this really is a IIS. I talked to an eye-whitness (I know nothing about his reliability) who saw the servers for the German msn. If you connect to this servers they claim to be IIS's. Reality is, there is a tower of Sparc-Ultras, which run an apache that is patched to say it's an IIS. Maybe the same is true for microsoft.com.

Konstantin

--
Dipl-Inf. Konstantin Agouros aka Elwood Blues. Internet: elwood_at_rumba.m.isar.de
Otkerstr. 28, 81547 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185