Re: www.microsoft.com cant handle the load ?

From: Tim <bodysurf_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1997/04/10

Atif Ahmad Khan (aak2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu) wrote:

: Tried to connect to www.microsoft.com out of curiosity
: and got the following message :

: HTTP/1.0 Server Too Busy

: I am surprised to say the least ! What, the largest
: software company in the world cant handle a few web
: requests ? Specially when they claim to make the best
: webserver ?

: Surely they cant be getting more hits than Yahoo or
: Alta-Vista ? Am I missing anything ?

Yes, all those "Bill wanna-bes" running Win95 boxes firing up their InterNet Exploders trying to leech the recently-released preview release of IE v4.0. They download about 2MB of it, find their OS locks up tighter than a Las Vega slotmachine, give it the "three finger salute" (which doesn't work), then smack the RESET button, and curse a little bit blaming it on their ISP (unless it's the MSN) and then they repeat the process.

: MS : Where do you want to go today ?
: Me : Can I look at your homepage please ?
: MS : Sorry, no can do.
: Me : Why are you asking people where *they* want to
: go when you cant seem to be getting anywhere yourself ?

: Atif Khan
: aak2_at_ra.msstate.edu

--

Lates!
Tim <bodysurf_at_pobox.com>                          mailto:bodysurf_at_pobox.com