Multiple Instances Vs Multiple Servers

From: Mohamed El-Mallah <mie_at_mainruis.sannet.gov>
Date: 1997/04/10

Hi,
We r comparing between two solutions :
1- One big server running on it 3 Oracle instances with enough memory and diskspace.
2- Three seperate servers on each one its own Oracle Instance. Could u help me in giving your opinions (pros and cons), especially if your site have one of these implementations, I will appreciate it. And one more question, could the Oracle Parallel server setup for one instance only on the multiple instances server. Thanks

--
Mohamed El-Mallah
San Diego Data Processing Corp.