Re: Implementing sequences without sequences

From: Jim Russell <jimr_at_mnsinc.com>
Date: 1997/04/10

Sadru Fidai wrote:

> Hi,
> We are making our application replication-aware. In this process, we
> have user control the sequence segments.

Can't you force the sequence to be unique, either by appending some unique server (db) identity, user id, or even a timestamp. (If you want it to stay numeric, increment the sequences (one at each server) by some reasonable increment, and add the site id to force unique numbers.

--
/Jim Russell (temp alt: russelj0_at_hoffman.army.mil)
Entity: an object with no class that doesn't know how to behave.