Re: SQLRUN50 error when calling a stored prcedure.

From: Doug Mitchell <doug_mitchell_at_mail.amsinc.com>
Date: 1997/04/09

Poon Chak Yau wrote:

> Hello,
> I am running Oracle 7.3.x on HP-UX and SQL Windows 5.0.3 on a
> Windows 3.1 computer.
> I gets the following problems when my application call a
> stored procedure from SQL Windows. The program reports SQLRUN50 error
> and SQLORAW.DLL cause GPF.
> However, the program runs prefectly if I login Oracle with SQL
> Plus before I run the SQL Windows application.
>
> Can anyone provide help to me? Any suggestion are welcome.

If you are using 7.3, you are playing with fire (latest version of Oracle). Make sure you get the latest PTF from this web site for your SQLWindows version:

http://www.centurasoft.com/support/updates/temp_fix

also, if you read the release notes for the latest PTF:

QLRouter/Oracle is now compatible with Oracle 7.3

To add this support, we had to make some changes to the way you configure your Oracle connectivity. Customers who use SQLRouter/Oracle and install this PTF need to be aware of these issues. Please add an ORAOCI keyword to the [Oracle] section in ORACLE.INI or WIN.INI, with the value set to the proper Oracle client dll. For example, if you have Oracle 7.2 client, set ORAOCI=ORA72WIN.DLL.

Note that if the keyword is not found, the entire path is searched for any OCI dll and the first dll found is the one loaded. Since the patch kit does NOT remove ORA71WIN.DLL from the SQLWindows installation directory, it will be the one to be picked up unless \oracle\bin is the first in the path.

Also, SQLRouter/Oracle now needs OCIW16.DLL, which is installed by the PTF kit. Without this dll, you will NOT be able to load SQLRouter/Oracle dll and will get a connect-time error.

KNOWN PROBLEMS: Since Oracle 7.3 is somewhat new, many customers have received a distribution that includes a version of ora73win.dll which sometimes crashes when PL/SQL code is executed. Customers who use Oracle 7.3 are advised to contact Oracle to obtain at least the 7.3.2.2.2 version of this dll.

--
--Doug Mitchell
American Management Systems, Inc.