Re: Help with ora-1019 error

From: oracle <oracle_at_nightmare.com>
Date: 1997/04/09

John Berkin wrote:

  Hi,

          can anyone help me with oracle error ora-1019 :-

  01019, 00000, "unable to allocate memory in the user side"   // *Cause: The user side memory allocator returned error.   // *Action: Increase the processes heap size or switch to the old   set of
  calls.

  I'm running oracle 7.2.3 on a Sun Ultra with Solaris 7.2.3 and   attempting to connect the Netscape Enterprise Webserver to the   database.
  So far all I get back is the above error. Any explainations of what   this
  is or means and how to fix gratefully accepted.

  Thanks

  JohnB

  --

  require(standard_disclaimer.ph)

 Not sure of what the fix would be but the error is sort of misleading. All the error is telling you is that you can not connect to shared memory on the server. The most common reason for this error is that you sql*net setup is not correct. Meaning that in the listener.ora most likely you have a problem and you are not hashing to right memory location when connecting. This is very similar to getting an ORA-1034 and ORA-7429 when connecting from a client.

I check and verify your sql*net setup. To to connect from a client product on the same machine and see if you get the ORA-1034 and ORA-7429. Received on Wed Apr 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT