Performance problem on HP 9000/800E35

From: Robert Braeutigam <braeutigam_at_zew.de>
Date: 1997/04/08

Hi folks,

We are running an Oracle V7.2.2.3.0 on a HP 9000 800E35. The HP-Box is running under HP-UX 9.04 (currently unpatched), has 128 MBytes
of RAM and a C2430 10/8 GB Disk Array configured as RAID 5.

The Problem is this Machine is too slow. We have a test database setup running on a 133 MHz Pentium under NT where a test script we have needs only
27 Minutes to run. The HP needs almost 40 Minutes...

Can anyone give me a hint on this ? *Is* the HP box too slow ? Will it be
faster after upgrading to HP-UX 10.X ? What can we do ?

I know that no one can tell me "Well, set this parameter to that value" from
this very raw description, but maybe someone can give me a direction where
to analyze first...

Please help me, I dont want to have a NT System here... !

    Robert Received on Tue Apr 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT