Re: RETURNING ROWS FROM A STORED PROCEDURE

From: Emrynsoft <emrynsoft_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/04/08

Subject: Re: RETURNING ROWS FROM A STORED PROCEDURE From: Ragun Chandra <ragun_at_grfn.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 09:59:14 -0500

On Mon, 24 Mar 1997, B. Zuydervliet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm developing an application using VB v4.0 using the Oracle ODBC
> driver.

> I would like to completely partition the front end application from
> the underlying SQL code. I would like to do this using stored
> procedures. This works fine for UPDATES, INSERTS and DELETES.
>
> However I would like to be able to call a stored procedure (perhaps
> with a parameters) which runs a SELECT statement. The result set of
> which I would like returning to a VB data control or recordset
> variable.
>
> Can anyone help? I would greatly appreciate any help/sample code.
>
> TIA Andy Noble.

Hi Andy,

I have used Gupta SQL Windows and have used stored procedures to return rows. The way to do this is by using arrays. You need to use a table as an output parameter in the stored procedure and define it as an array in the SQLWindows app. I am not sure if it works the same in VB, but you could give it a try. If you need more details let me know and I can mail you some sample code. (I will have to dig it up).

Good luck,
Abhijit Received on Tue Apr 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT