problems with replication

From: Torsten Greiff <Torsten.Greiff_at_t-online.de>
Date: 1997/04/08

We have a problem with our replication based on NT and ORACLE:

Sometimes in the middle of transfering data from one server to the other, the replication is hanging. The replication user on the transfering server is waiting for respond (we can't kill him). Sometimes we have slow network and also some timeouts during ping. When the network is up again, the replication is hanging forever and we have to shutdown and restart the ORACLE instance (ORACLE 7.3.2.3.1 and NT 3.51 Service pack 5 on COMPAQ PROLIANT 5000)
Is anyone experience in ORACLE replication on NT, are there any konwn bugs ??

thanks in advance Torsten Received on Tue Apr 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT