Re: Oracle Web Server / MVS DB2 Data Access

From: Michael Hunsucker <ihp_at_atl.mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/04/08

If you are using the Oracle Transparent Gateway for IBM DRDA the answer is no. The DB2 tables can be accessed directly via a distributed Oracle link that references a gateway 'instance'. The reference needs to be defined with the appropriate DB2 qualifier (or schema name in Oracle terms)
ex. select * from db2_qualifier.db2_table_name_at_oracle_link;

You would likely want to use synonyms or views to simplify the syntax.

If you need some more info email me directly.