Converting LONG type to VARCHAR2...

From: TinHa <kevin_at_tnicholson.com>
Date: 1997/04/07

Hi:

        Can someone please tell me how can I convert a LONG Datatype to VARCHAR2 ?

I have the following tables:

Table Name Fields Type

A A1 LONG B B1 VARCHAR2(2000) When I executed the following SQL in Oracel SQL Worksheet:

        Insert into B select A1 from A

It returns the : illegal use of LONG datatype error message.

Thanks in advance

Kevin Mei Received on Mon Apr 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT