Re: How to Make User Dumps Readable?

From: Dan Townsend <townsend_at_ebmud.com>
Date: 1997/04/07

I found the answer in http://www.oreview.com/9604har.htm (but have not yet tried it out). Apparently you can set the 'undocumented parameter' '_TRACE_FILES_PUBLIC' to 'TRUE' in the init.ora file. Oracle does not do this because the trace files could contain Role passwords, sensitive data, or other security items. The syntax would be:

_TRACE_FILES_PUBLIC=TRUE Regards.

--