Re: max db_files on 7.2.3

From: Clark Mason <cmason_at_aai.arco.com>
Date: 1997/04/07

Baan Canada wrote:

> Running Oracle 7.2.3.
> Can't create more than 30 datafiles !
> db_files = 100
>
> Suggestions ?
>
> Rob.

The absolute maximum number of datafiles is determined by the MAXDATAFILES parameter on the CREATE DATABASE statement. I believe the default is 30, so I would suspect that is the problem. Use the ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO 'filename' command and check the output to verify current value of MAXDATAFILES. You'll have to rebuild your controlfile to increase the value. Received on Mon Apr 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT