Is LONG the only datatype for >2000 characters

From: Zasha Weinberg <zasha_at_tnicholson.com>
Date: 1997/04/05

If VARCHAR2 could handle more than 2000 characters, I have a table in which I would use several of these. This is apparently not possible with LONG. Also LONG has a number of serious restrictions (you can do very little with it - I'd like to use RTRIM with it, for example).

If I need to have text fields with potentially more than 2000 characters in them, do I have any options other than LONG.

Thanks,

-Z. Received on Sat Apr 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CST