Re: what's the binary name for your SQLPlus & SQLLoader?

From: mlarson <mdlarson_at_brain.uccs.edu>
Date: 1997/04/04

L. Tseng wrote:

  It seems to me that Oracle names their utilities differently on NT   based on the version number.
  For example, SQLPlus has been named plus33, plus33w, sqlplus and   SQL*Loader is called
  sqlldr73 in our NT environment. This makes it very difficult for us   to distribute
  software that needs to use those utilities accross platforms and   versions. I thought
  Oracle has been emphasizing their database's portability and I   failed to understand
  why this name inconsistency happened.

  I think SQL*Loader and SQL*Plus are called sqlload and sqlplus on   all unix platforms
(correct me if I am wrong). Can someone give a hint as to what's the
  standard
(or is there any) names for sqlplus and sqlloader on NT platforms?
  Thanks,

  Leslie

 The naming conventions have bothered me too. Sorry I can't help much except to say that sql loader is sqlldr in Unix Received on Fri Apr 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CST