Re: max db_files on 7.2.3

From: Scott Kelley <skelley_at_online.disney.com>
Date: 1997/04/03

Baan Canada wrote:

> Running Oracle 7.2.3.
> Can't create more than 30 datafiles !
> db_files = 100
>
> Suggestions ?
>
> Rob.

  Unfortunately this is also defined in the "create database" statement and defaults to 30. The info is stored in the controlfiles. The easiest way to fix this is to "alter database backup control file to trace", shut down oracle cleanly, and then use the trace info to create new controlfiles with a higher maxdatafiles value. There is probably a somewhat more elegant way, but this will work. The Oracle Administrator's Guide gives some hard to follow instructions in the Managing Control Files chapter.

--
	Scott Kelley (skelley_at_online.disney.com)
	Webmaster/Database Admistrator for Disney Online

/*I don't know what I'm talking about and neither does the Disney Co.*/