Re: NFS filesystems ok for Oracle tablespace?

From: David Spencer <spu_at_dsds.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/04/03

Thanks to everyone who responded to this. Your comments have been particularly useful, as I can now reveal that we have had had both an official "yes" and an official "no" from Oracle themselves (in that order), but not with the technical detail you have all given. Thanks again.

To sum up: it appears that it *might* be workable in carefully controlled circumstances with a high availability hub (raid 5, dual FDDI, journalling filesystem) but at present Oracle are unable to give our clients the "warm feeling" assurances that clients have to have. It's really a pity that the hub manufacturers have gone with NFS. Naturally, *they* tell us that it'll all be fine... Oh well...

--
Dave Spencer                            "I lost my bag in Newport Pagnell"
Romford, Essex