Re: ms accuracy from Oracle

From: mlarson <mdlarson_at_brain.uccs.edu>
Date: 1997/04/02

Try this:
dbms_utility.get_time

It gives the time in hundredths of a second You can get further info from ORACLE PL/SQL PROGRAMMING pg. 511

Matt

Joel Nylund wrote:

  I can get the time from oracle by doing a :

  Select to_char( SYSDATE, 'HH24:MI:SS:MM' ) SYSTEM_TIME from dual;

  but this only gives me seconds.

  I would like to do some benchmarks on SQL statements using   millisecond
  precision, any ideas?

  thanks
  Joel Received on Wed Apr 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CST