RESTRICT_REFERENCES pragma and privileges

From: Brent Fegley <bdfegley_at_ptdprolog.net>
Date: 1997/04/02

Hi! I am new to Oracle server programming and have been unsuccessful in getting PL/SQL packages to compile with _any_ reference to the RESTRICT_REFERENCES pragma. The functions I'm writing/testing using PL/SQL use some Oracle builtin functions like ADD_MONTHS and MONTHS_BETWEEN, but otherwise employ no DML or DDL and do not even update or read from Oracle tables. From what I can gather from documentation, my alias on the Oracle server may not have enough, or the correct, privileges to allow even minimal use of the RESTRICT_REFERENCES pragma. I haven't been able to determine what those privileges out to be.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Regards,
Brent Fegley Received on Wed Apr 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CST