Re: NFS filesystems ok for Oracle tablespace?

From: Scott Kelley <skelley_at_online.disney.com>
Date: 1997/04/02

Oracle Corp. is NOT going to support NFS mounted tablespaces. You will be relying on assurances from your NFS HW vendor that all writes will get done.
  You MUST mount the NFS partions with a hard mount. Oracle WILL crap out if the NFS server is having problems and the file system is mounted soft. This will hang the machine running Oracle if the NFS is having problems, but what are you gonna do ? If other stuff runs on the box, they are going to be annoyed when the machine hangs.   I would be sure to test my backup and recovery strategy VERY well if you do this.

--
	Scott Kelley (skelley_at_online.disney.com)
	Webmaster/Database Admistrator for Disney Online

/*I don't know what I'm talking about and neither does the Disney Co.*/