Re: How to determine current connect string?

From: <vermaat_at_gemini.tfdl.agro.nl>
Date: 1997/04/02

In article <53967.adizon_at_mail.us.net>, <adizon_at_mail.us.net> writes:
>I know that 'select user from dual' returns the current user id. How do I
>return the current connect string?
>
>Thanks,
>Lito
>
>Lito Dizon
>adizon_at_us.net

The only thing I can come up with is the name of the database you are currently connected with:

SELECT global_name FROM global_name;

which will return [database name].WORLD .

| Peter J.R. Vermaat | Dutch Department of Agriculture | Wageningen |

| p.j.r.vermaat@fd.agro.nl | http://www.agro.nl/~vermaat/ |
|                           Flagellant in Dreamland                            |