Re: Autostart db on Nt

From: Shane Murray <murraysa_at_gnpr.pae.osd.mil>
Date: 1997/04/02

Rich Woods wrote:

> Andrea wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I have two Oracle 7.3 instances runing over Nt 4 and the ORACLE_HOME is
> > d:\Programs\orant but if I shutdown and restart my server my database
> > aren't started why ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

---
I had the same problem.  Check these "clues".

1.) Check the contents of the oradim7x.log file.  There will probably be
an error in it.
2.) In the registry, there are 2 places for Oracle DB entries
   a.) LocalMachine/Sofware/Oracle
   b.) LocalMachine/CurrentControlSet

  Check to see if your registry entry for dba_authorization is set to
'bypass'.  We needed to set this manually for 7.2, but 7.3 should set
it.

  Also in the registry part b.) the start modes for the services are
listed numerically.  Check these out.

  Also in registry part a.) the start mode for the services are listed
as booleans.  See if they read true.

Good Luck.

--Shane Murray