Re: zombie procedures

From: Heggelund <d92hegge_at_ix_prod.hfk.mil.no>
Date: 1997/04/02

Hi,

if you are connecting through SQL*Net you could try to set the parameter sqlnet.expire_time in sqlnet.ora. This tells SQL*Net to poll each prosess at a given interval to check that they are still valid. Not valid processes are killed. This is usefull if the user aborts a client connection leaving the server process.

Rgds,
Steinar Heggelund

edwards_at_garland.dnr.state.sc.us wrote:
: I am running stored procdures through oracle webserver 2.0
: The problem is that whenever I interrupt the transfer, any locks
: held by the procedure remain in place as if the procedure is still
: executing. How do I kill it?
:
: I tried ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION
: is there another way?

I'm employed in the Norwegian consulting company Opus One AS.
I have 7 years experience with Oracle products, mainly the database.
We are a small company which offers consulting services in design,
implementation and tuning of databases and applications based on Oracle.