WG install on solaris 2.5.1 IIS patched x86 platform

From: Craig Shaver <craig_at_ProGroup.com>
Date: 1997/03/30

Has anyone had trouble installing Oracle 7.3.2.3 workgroup server on a Solaris 2.5.1 intel x86 platform? I tried to install it and got an error of: User Interface Failure: Window System Startup.

Then I copied over the whole CD and modified the scripts to use the orainst.cm instead of the motif installer. This seemed to install most of the software, but caused a page fault in the kernel when it got to the "Creating a new database" step.

Am I doing something wrong? I read the documentation provided, but I am new to setting up Oracle.

Thanks for any help,

--
Craig Shaver  (craig_at_progroup.com) (415)390-0654
Productivity Group POB 60458 Sunnyvale, CA  94088