Storing images using LONG RAW?

From: Jim Rudolf <rudolf_at_berlin.snafu.de>
Date: 1997/03/29

Greetings:

I am connecting to Oracle 7.3 via perl5 and DBI/DBD, and I'm having trouble saving an image in a LONG RAW column. I read the GIF, convert to hex, and then try to do something like

   INSERT INTO MYTABLE VALUES (HEXTORAW('$gif'));

and Oracle complains that the hex constant is too long... I have checked the Web-based FAQs and haven't found an answer. Does anyone have an SQL program fragment to demonstrate saving and reading images?

Thanks in advance,

Jim Received on Sat Mar 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CST