Sum of Details on Master

From: Nico Vandenbroucke <nbroucke_at_be.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/03/28

Any1 who knows how to handle this problem?

The database holds two tables ('INVOICE' (master) and 'INVOICELINE' (detail)). Every Invoice line has an amount.

We would like to keep the total amount of the invoice lines in the Invoice table.

We've been thinking about some databasetriggers on Invoice line, but how can we handle this in Forms 4.5 ?

We know that designer/2000 allows the generation of a sum field, but I believe the generator then generates a non-database field.

How is forms than handling the sum field? (We can't accept a query with 'QUERY_ALL' option and we would like to query on that sum field).

If we make it a database field in forms then I think there can be a collision with the database triggers!

thanks in advance Received on Fri Mar 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CST