2 Dispatcher Questions

From: Michael Karafotis <mkarafot_at_bbnplanet.com>
Date: 1997/03/28

Hello...

I've got two questions about the dispatcher I was hoping someone could answer:

  1. How are the maximum number of dispatcher connections computed? I though this was hardware/OS based, but I have two identical systems (both Sun E3000 w/ 1Gig RAM and running Solaris 2.5.1) and one has the maximum number of connections set at 115 and the other at 170. Both are running identical DB configurations.
  2. What type of local connection has the lower cost: IPC or TCP. I am running MTS and trying to avoid all dedicated connections.

Thanks a lot!!
-Michael

Michael Karafotis                               On-Site: BBNPlanet
mkarafot_at_bbnplanet.com                          (617) 873-1907