login.sql script

From: Chris Hamilton <chrish_at_cmprime.att.com>
Date: 1997/03/27

I have a login.sql script, in my home directory (on an HP/UX machine) that executes several commands such as setting output parameters, prompts, etc., when SQL*Plus starts up (as per the Oracle docs).

For a reason that I am unable to determine, SQL*Plus sometimes executes the script and it sometimes does not. I am using SQL*Plus 3.2.3 against a 7.2.3 database.

Here are the perms on the file . . .

-rw-r--r-- 2 chrish users 426 Mar 27 12:49 login.sql

The contents in the file are . . .

rem ~chrish/login.sql
rem Chris Hamilton's SQL*Plus setup script.

rem DEFINE Commands...
define _editor = '/usr/bin/vi'
define spooldir = '$HOME/spool/'

rem SET Commands...
set feedback 2;
set linesize 79;
set numwidth 8;
set pagesize 24;
set pause "Press <RETURN> to continue..." set linesize 79;
set recsep off;
set verify off;
set trimspool on;

rem Output...
set time off;
-- start setprmpt.sql

start db_name.sql

Any ideas why it sometimes is processed and not others?

Chris

Chris Hamilton -- chrish_at_cmprime.att.com DBA, AT&T WorldNet Service - Lincroft, NJ http://www.serve.com/cowpb/chamilton.html Received on Thu Mar 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CST