Re: ORAWEB 3: Manually start and stop the Oracle Web Listener

From: Qun Li <qun.li_at_attws.com>
Date: 1997/03/27

Yes, this is a problem with the tar file downloaded from Oracle web. Once I set the ORAWEB_BASE and ORAWEB_ADMIN variables, it works now. Thanks!

I do have a problem with Microsoft Internet Explorer, if I use explorer, it will crash my oraweb process. The error on server is: Error: Companion oraweb process failed. The status for Web Listener `admin' is DOWN at this time. The error on client browser is, Can't Access Document: http://node_name:8888/owa_dba/owa/tr.prefs?cookie=81. This is in the 'Take the Train' demo.

Have you ever running into this? I can re-produce this again and again.