Re: ORAWEB 3: Manually start and stop the Oracle Web Listener

From: Mark Merritt <merritt_at_mail.msen.com>
Date: 1997/03/27

Qun Li (qun.li_at_attws.com) wrote:
: Hi, all:
:
: I have a question on Oracle Web Server 3.0 for Solaris:
:
: How do I manually start and stop the Oracle Web Listener?
:
: I can start/stop wrb without problem but when I do start/stop admin
: by using $ORAWEB_HOME/owsctl start admin, I will get an error of
: OWS-08802: Oracle Web Listener 'admin' does not exist!
I had this problem when I installed from the tar file downloaded from the Oracle web page. It's because owsctl can't find the file svadmin.cfg. I believe(not 100% sure) owsctl will look for the file under $ORACLE_BASE and if you installed from the tar file it doesn't get put there by install.sh. Maybe a problem only for non-OFA installations? Anyhow, my quick and dirty solution: use 'find' to find where svadmin.cfg really is, use 'truss' to find out where owsctl is looking for it, then link the real file to the directory where owsctl is looking. Hope this helps!

/*+
The opinions expressed here are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation